Company Formation in Malta: Fast and Easy – 3 Steps without Travel:
- Send us an agreement for company formation with the following key information
- company name
- object (= activities)
- director and secretary (both can be non-EU citizens; director can be a corporate body, secretary must be an individual)
- shareholder – the location of the holding that you probably need for the refund will depend on the residence of the shareholders (in many cases good solution are Slovakia or Latvia).
- Meet us in person or by Skype; fill in the mandatory customer due diligence papers; make a transfer for capital and costs
- 240 € paid in capital (20% of 1200 € minimum share capital),
- public fees and our costs for the formation of a company in Malta
- Sign the papers that we prepare and email to you. Malta company incorporation will be within 3 working days.
Company in Malta: – Benefits:
Company Formation in Malta – quick registration of a Limited Liability Company (Ltc., LLC) or a Limited Partnership (LP):
- 5% corporate tax (after refund) – Malta – companies have the lowest tax in the EU
- Tax advantages for residents without domicile
- EU compatible tax laws, friendly administration
- EU, Euro and English as official language
- Well educated multilingual workforce, diversified economy with strong ICT and finance sectors
- Sunny climate, good flight connections, an island with tourism and high entertainment
Legal Benefits of a Company in Malta:
Licenses in Malta often are valid for the entire EU; but in Malta, costs for obtaining and administrating the authorization are much lower. Whether online-gaming, shipping, airline or investment-funds, Malta offers an EU-passport for reasonable costs. For IPOs, a combination with a first listing in Malta and a second listing on a larger EU stock exchange might be much cheaper than a single listing on the larger exchange.
Malta makes a difference between residence and ordinary residence. Residence is constituted by habitual and continuous presence; you do not need to be 183 days per year in Malta to be resident for tax purposes, however you have to take into account double taxation agreements as well as the question which agreement is applicable.
According to Maltese Law the residence for legal persons is the place of management and control, however it is not sufficient to be able to exercise management and control, decisions have to be really taken there. Therefore the airplanes are full of businessmen who are happy to fly for a business trip to Malta in order to meet regularly there for important decisions.
Directors of corporations can have their residence outside of Malta, however if directors or shareholders are not citizens of the EU or Switzerland, the commercial register asks for additional due diligence documents (e.g. a professional reference of a lawyer or auditor, a bank reference, a copy of an identity document and an utility bill or another proof of residence).
Fiduciary relationships are defined and regulated for fiduciary ownership of shares in a company; nominee directors are not seen as fiduciary.
(Joint Venture: to fulfill the Maltese legal requirements, we are operating one company as a Joint Venture with a well-known Auditor in Malta.)
Zugimpex: Professional Services, Reasonable Fees and a Friendly Atmosphere:
- Comprehensive Services from one source for your company in Malta.
- Quick Customer Due Diligence – you have good financial standing, good qualification and successful experience in your business. (please understand that we serve no US citizens and no customers who are residents in USA, Germany or France).
- Fair fee calculation:
- Company formation in Malta: 1500 € including domicile, flexi desk and basic postal service for one year, excluding public fees.
- Annual costs depend on the activities: starting from 2500 € per year including domicile, flexi desk and basic postal service (from the following year). bookkeeping, VAT declaration, financial statement and parts of tax declaration. As an industry standard and including all surrounding tasks like sorting, filing and checks, qualified bookkeepers process around 15-20 bookings per hour which corresponds to 40-60 booking lines. For a financial statement, it takes between 5 and 15 hours.
- Mandatory annual audit costs from an external auditor including special declarations to the tax office: in most cases between 500 € and 1500 € per company depending on the activities.
- Professional consulting:
- Use our experience at Zugimpex, our contacts and our know how in international business and in international tax planning.
- Plan with us your setup, your operations and the transfer of functions, so your company in Malta and the holding will start and operate successfully.
- Our friendly and competent employees are glad to assist you, and when you visit Malta, we will take care that you enjoy your stay.
Residence Permit in Malta for EU Citizens
and (with Schengen – Visa) for Non-EU Citizens:
Malta actively attracts high qualified and wealthy foreign residents and offers different options to get a beneficial permanent residence permit or a Maltese passport.
EU citizens can easily take residence because of their right for free movement within the EU.
Non- EU citizens can receive a temporary residence permit that can lead to a permanent residence permit after several years.
Options to get a temporary residence permit:
- create a company that really invests 100,000 Euro and rent or buy an apartment of a reasonable quality. Authorities are checking these points carefully, so real implementation is important.
- If employer asks for a work permit; this is easier to get for high qualified personnel – no test that a candidate cannot be found in EEA
- A well-known corporation establishes a subsidiary or a branch. They want to place a key person as a manager of this entity.
- Study in Malta
- Self sufficiency (proof needed)
Additional and Interesting Information about Malta:
Malta has EU membership, Euro and English as official language. 460,000 inhabitants (55.000 foreigners, 27,000 non- EU) live in Malta with Valletta as its capital. The country has 300 sunny days a year and the sun rises earlier in winter before people go to the office. Most people live on the main island Malta, which is located about 130 km south of Sicily, and the 2 other islands are Gozo and Comino. There are excellent flight connections to most European centers, the airport statistic 2017 shows 5.8 million passengers and more than 21500 departures with over 30 airlines.
Malta is positioning itself as an on-shore location compatible with EU laws, but at the same time it provides an attractive environment to enterprises and individuals: Malta was set by the OECD on the white list, has numerous double taxation agreements and is not in the field of fire of high tax countries. At the same time it is possible to get access to attractive EU- subsidies. Authorities in Malta act customer friendly, there are one stop shops which offer to investors flexible and individual solutions. And for individuals, Forbes ranked Malta at the first place worldwide for “personal freedom”.
A favorable environment attracts investors: stable real estate prices, a reasonable salary level, low taxes, low costs for services and a predictable political environment. Thousands of high qualified people from the EU and outside of EU move to Malta because of attractive jobs, nice weather, low taxes and an entertaining lifestyle. Also, it is possible to earn a lot: working hours are limited for one employment with one employer by EU regulations, but employees are allowed to work unlimited time by combining several jobs.
(updated May 2018)